I picked up this fabric from Fabric-a-brac (blogged here) and I knew it had to become a dress! The fabric is good enough that I could have even made a jacket – but alas there was only 2 meters!
It has the biggest purple and pink blossoms and another fleur de lis (?) kinda print – I’m not sure what this might be called – let me know in the comments if you do!
The fabric could well have been a curtain off cut so it’s pretty warm and so I’m able to wear it around without a cardigan.
The pattern I used was Simplicity 7436. An a-line tent dress with V shaped yoke and front patch pockets. The V at the front is supposed to be created in 3 parts – but I wanted to make it in 2 pieces so that the pattern was continuous. It worked out but the point of the V went a little funny and so I ended up with a teeny little pleat to make it look ok.
I also added long sleeves from another pattern as this one is obviously for summer as it only includes short ones
|Pinking the raw edges
|Teeny stitches on the pockets
These photos were taken at the Blog Society Launch on the top of the Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art by Annette Wilson – who is an actual photographer but was kind enough to take these pics for me.
And don't forget I'm having a giveaway here - Just tell me something that you would really like to learn! Easy-peasy